Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do before my first appointment?
Fill out the intake paperwork.
For your first appointment, please print out the new patient paperwork and bring it to your session. If you are unable to print out the paperwork ahead of time, it is very important that you arrive 30 minutes early to your session to complete it.
Go to the STAFF tab to download the appropriate paperwork from your therapist.
What are your fees?
Fees for counseling services are $195.00 for the initial session and $165.00 for each subsequent individual session. Some adjustment in fees is possible in cases of need and when discussed in advance with the counselor. Payments are made by personal check, cash, or credit card at the time of the appointment. However, by arrangement with the counselor, payment may be spread over a period of months.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes, most therapists accept insurance.
The following list contains some of the most common insurance companies that we can accept:
First Choice Health
Kaiser Added Choice (through First Choice Health)
Healthcare Management Administrator (HMA)
Kaiser-Permanente (with Prior Authorization from Kaiser)
Managed Health Network
United Healthcare (UBH)
* We cannot accept Oregon Health Plan (OHP) or Medicare. We are also unable to accept most Medicare supplemental plans.
We also accept Employee Assistance Programs (EAP). The most common are:
Eye Care Physicians and Surgeons
Reliant Behavioral Health (RBH)
United Healthcare (UBH)
* Please contact your employer's human resource department for authorization prior to receiving services.
Please note that each therapist is on different insurance panels and each insurance plan is unique. For more information about your specific insurance benefit, contact your insurance company.
COMMON QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY
* Does my plan cover counseling with an LPC or LMFT?
* Do I have to meet a deductible? (If yes, it is wise to ask how much
the deductible is and how much has been met for the year.)
* What is my copay or coinsurance? (This amount would be your portion of
the bill each session.)
* Is there a limit on how many sessions I have per year?
** Note that insurance benefits are specific to individual plans. Please inquire about your plan benefits before scheduling an initial appointment. You are responsible for your co-payment and any deductible charges at the time of service.**
- The co-pay printed on your insurance card may NOT be the correct one for MENTAL HEALTH services. Unfortunately, mental health treatment is not always regarded as general health care and may fall under specialist care.
- Some plans only pay for a limited number of outpatient visits.
- You are responsible for your co-payment and any deductibles. If you receive payment directly from your insurance company, you will be responsible for payment to Salem Pastoral Counseling Center at the time of service.
I do not attend any church or practice any faith. Can I still seek counseling services from Salem Pastoral Counseling Center and will the counselors respect my values?